http://themonthlymuktidooth.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Bangladesh Minority Watch (BDMW)




Bangladesh Awami League Law maker- Nurunnabi Chowdhury Shawon MP from Bhola-3 and his accomplices manhandled Adv. Rabindra Ghosh of Bangladesh Minority Watch and his accompanying HR activist today (3rd of February, 17)  to stop fact finding of Minority Repression/land grabbing of Hindu victim- Sawpan Das Bhola District-Bangladesh. Date of incident: 3rd of February, 2017 at about 12.40 p.m.

I, Adv. Rabindra Ghosh, Dilip Kumar Roy of BDMW and Hindu victim – Sawpan Das  today visited the Official residence of Nurunnabi Chowdhury Shawon MP at Road No.12 of DOHS Dhaka Cantonment at about 12.40 to appraise him continuous atrocities on Hindus at his constituency at Bhola-3 specially the incident of looting valuable paddies and trees belonging to one Sawpan Das of the same locality who did not receive any legal help from local administration despite competent court’s orders in favor of  Sawpan Das available.  I drew the attention of Nurunnabi Chowdhury Shawon MP relating to recent publication of news reported in the Daily “Motabad” dated 3rd Dec,16 with regard to looting of Paddies from cultivable lands belonging to Sawpan Das by the Local U.P. Chairman – Abul Kashem Meah who is reported to be a land grabbers of Hindus of that area. The Member of Parliament became angry with me as I complained against his U.P. Chairman – Abul Kashem Meah for his alleged involvement. I also requested him to be judicious in considering the prayer of Sawpan Das for legal protection, but it is unfortunate that he started to rebuke me with filthy language saying “Why you are crying for only Hindus? You will not claim any properties in future for Sawpan Das; otherwise I will compel you to take police action against you, I also tried to make him understand the legal position of the matter but Nurunnabi Chowdhury Shawon directed his accomplices with angry mood to put me in his car and wanted us to kidnap. All on a sudden some unknown political activists under his direction pushed me and my camera man- Dilip Kumar Roy from our behind and started to assault verbally and physically causing severe pain on my head. I have become traumatized due to such unwanted mental and physical torture.  Luckily I along with my HR activists escaped this time also.  

Thereafter, I also communicated with Asaduzzaman Kamal – Home Minister of Bangladesh over his mobile number tonight and he patiently heard the matter and requested me to write a complain on this unfortunate behavior of MP Nurunnabi Chowdhury Shawon at his disposal.  I also tried to make a general diary at Cantonment Police station at Dhaka against MP Nurunnabi Chowdhury but the local Officer in Charge of Cantonment Police station refused to register any General diary for future reference.

Previously many times, I was intimidated by law enforcing agencies, Member of Parliament, Lawyers and other Ministers of the country in different parts of Bangladesh during our fact finding /investigation mission. Neither remedial measures nor any preventive action taken by the successive governments of BANGLADESH rendering our lives in a great risk and jeopardy.
Urgent action solicited.
With best regards,

Rabindra Ghosh, 
Founder President, Bangladesh Minority Watch (BDMW)
12, K.M. Das Lane, Tikatully, Wari PS, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

No comments: